Anyone who wants to take their drone on a plane is faced with the question of how to abandon the device. The IATA https://www.iata.org/en/programs/ops-infra/baggage/ped/ has drawn up general guidelines:
- The battery has a maximum capacity of 100 Wh and is carried in hand luggage
- The drone and the remote control go in hand luggage or in the suitcase
Each airline supplements these guidelines with its own regulations:
- Swiss https://www.swiss.com/de/de/vormachen/gepaeck/gefaehrliche-gegenstaende#
- Lufthansa https://www.lufthansa.com/de/de/informationen-zur-mitnahme-von-gefaehrlichen-gegenstaenden
- EasyJet http://www.easyjet.com/de/hilfe/gepack/nicht-allgemein-zugelassene-und-weniger-gebrauchliche-gegenstande
Before you pack, check with your airline to find out how batteries and devices should be stowed away. It is best to have these instructions printed out with you at the airport.