Rent a drone with a photo / video camera or thermal imaging camera, simply and easily.
We will send you the drone the day before the rental starts
Go out and make great shots
Send the drone back with the return label attached
For long-term rentals see drone in subscription. Renting drones from Drone Hospital ™ is easy and safe. Rent here a device for a few days or several months.
All rental drones
Rent additional batteries
Drones with thermal imaging cameras
At a glance
- Simple and uncomplicated
- With pre-printed etiquette for free return shipping
- Up-to-date equipment, checked for function and safety
- No deposit payments
- Payment conditions for registered companies: invoice 30 days
You need a written offer? Contact
|DJI Inspire 1 X3||Zenmuse X3|
|DJI Inspire 1 XT||Zenmuse XT FLIR|
Uncooled VOx Microbolometer
|DJI Inspire 2 X5S||Zenmuse X5S|
|DJI Inspire 1 Pro X5||Zenmuse X5|
|DJI Inspire 2 X7||Zenmuse X7|
|DJI Matrice 200||Zenmuse Z30 30x Zoom1/2,8″|
|DJI Mavic Air||1/2.3″ CMOS|
|DJI Mavic Platinum||1/2.3″ CMOS|
|DJI Mavic 2 Pro||1″ CMOS|
|DJI Mavic Pro||1/2.3″ CMOS|
|DJI Phantom 4 Pro||1″ CMOS|
|DJI Spark||1/2.3″ CMOS|
|Yuneec H520||1″ CMOS|
4 good reasons to hire drones at the drone hospital
- Up-to-date and reliable equipment
- Second or backup drone needed
- No expensive investment needed
- No effort with maintenance and storage of the drone
- Is a drone pilot included?
No, you usually fly yourself and also take the recordings yourself. If you need a pilot, you can rent one.
- What can I trust myself as a newcomer?
A simple flight with a snapshot – photo you can also get as a newcomer. For successful video flights you have to practice something. The quality of the photos and videos themselves depends essentially on your skills as a photographer and cameraman.
- Do I need a pilot’s license or a course to fly a rental drone?
No, courses or pilot tickets are not mandatory (as of May 2019 CH). Beginners take an expert friend with them, read the user manual and the drone rules of the FOCA beforehand. Start with small drones like the DJI Mavic or the DJI Phantom in good weather conditions and in open terrain.
- Do I need a local permit to fly with the rental drone?
Normally you do not need a permit (as of May 2019 CH). However, there are some restrictions, e.g. in the vicinity of landing slopes. Follow the rules of the Federal Office of Civil Aviation FOCA
- How old do I have to be to fly a drone?
We recommend a minimum age of 16 years. If you’re under 18, check whether your liability insurance does not impose age restrictions.
- Do I need insurance?
Yes, as a drone pilot you need liability insurance. Contact your liability insurance and determine if the drone risk is already included. Insurance can also be taken out online: more…
- Do I incur other costs in addition to the reported rental costs?
The following additional costs can come to you: The liability insurance for drone pilots and for some drones your own Android or iOS tablet/mobile for control.
- How do I plan a flight?
Halte Dich an diese Checkliste [pdf]
- Can I buy the rental drone?
Since the rental drones are specially insured you can not buy them, but we are happy to supply you with a model of the same construction new and at commercially available conditions.
- What happens if I damage the drone?
Send us the drone back so we can see the damage. Normally, your liability insurance will cover the damage.
Drone Flight Checklist
Before departure, flight planning
- Check material for completeness and function
- Check local regulations (rules, card), apply for authorisations if necessary
- Consult weather forecast
- Charging batteries
- Packaging material in a transport-safe manner
At the starting place
- Check weather conditions, terrain and obstacles at the take-off site and on the flight route
- Check battery level of drone, remote control and tablet
- Conduct a briefing when several people are involved
- Check propellers and sensors
- Check wireless connection quality and GPS signal strength
- Check SD memory card
- Check return-to-home point
During the flight
- Keep Line of sight
- Maintaining orientation and control
- Keep an eye on the environment and other air traffic participants
After the flight
- Mark defective or damaged parts
- Securely store batteries and material
- Keep a logbook
See also FAQ
Desired equipment not found?